Saturday 8 October 2011

Inspiration: Brooke Shaden

I suppose I should introduce myself slightly: I am Elou, collector of keys and ideas. I will be bringing you mostly inspiration.

I don't think it would be possible for me to write my first post without it mentioning the ever-talented and wonderful Brooke Shaden. So, with that in mind, I decided that I should probably leap on to that train of thought and embrace it. And so I did.


I'm not even sure how I found Brooke, it might have been through a trawl of Facebook photography pages but that's not important; the important part is that I found her. I've been hooked ever since. There's something about her photography that tugs and pulls and clings on without even hinting at the thought to let go.


There's magic in each and every photo she creates and it is little wonder that she inspires so many. I think everyone wants to visit Brooke's world and have tea (or hot chocolate in my case) with the characters that she creates. I know I do. It's a world I think I'd be able to spend years walking around and find myself not even close to seeing it all. I wouldn't ever want to leave.


It's not just her images that draws me to her, however. She has so much passion for what she does that it's hard not to want to do it too. I am an avid reader of her blog and would definitely recommend it to anyone. Even if you're not a photographer. Her words are inspiring no matter who you are or what you do. Her book is one that I am desperate to have on my shelf - a dream for the more financially secure future. If you like what you see here in this posting, on her website, on her flickr, what you read on her blog: buy it. Even without having it myself, I know it will be worth it.


You can find her here:
BrookeShaden.com
Blog
Flickr
Facebook
Twitter
Youtube
Formspring

No comments:

Post a Comment